Old 07-02-2010, 01:35 AM

Default Compilation error: pygtk

Hi
after updateing libpng I run revdep-rebuild, which
said pygtk have to rebuild (beside others).
The compilation of pygtk breaks with:

Could not write function get_option_group: No ArgType for GOptionGroup*
Could not write function settings_install_property: No ArgType for GParamSpec*
Could not write function settings_install_property_parser: No ArgType for GParamSpec*
Could not write function stock_add_static: No ArgType for const-GtkStockItem*
Could not write function stock_set_translate_func: No ArgType for GtkTranslateFunc
Could not write function print_run_page_setup_dialog_async: No ArgType for GtkPageSetupDoneFunc
Could not write function builder_error_quark: No ArgType for GQuark
Could not write function page_setup_new_from_key_file: No ArgType for GKeyFile*
Could not write function paper_size_get_paper_sizes: No ArgType for GList*
Could not write function paper_size_new_from_key_file: No ArgType for GKeyFile*
Could not write function print_settings_new_from_key_file: No ArgType for GKeyFile*
Could not write function rc_parse_color_full: No ArgType for GScanner*
Warning: Constructor for GtkAccessible needs to be updated to new API
See http://live.gnome.org/PyGTK_2fWhatsNew28#update-constructors
Warning: Constructor for GtkClipboard needs to be updated to new API
See http://live.gnome.org/PyGTK_2fWhatsNew28#update-constructors
Warning: Constructor for GtkItemFactory needs to be updated to new API
See http://live.gnome.org/PyGTK_2fWhatsNew28#update-constructors
Warning: Constructor for GtkPreview needs to be updated to new API
See http://live.gnome.org/PyGTK_2fWhatsNew28#update-constructors
Warning: Constructor for GtkListItem needs to be updated to new API
See http://live.gnome.org/PyGTK_2fWhatsNew28#update-constructors
Warning: Constructor for GtkCList needs to be updated to new API
See http://live.gnome.org/PyGTK_2fWhatsNew28#update-constructors
Warning: Constructor for GtkCTree needs to be updated to new API
See http://live.gnome.org/PyGTK_2fWhatsNew28#update-constructors
Warning: Constructor for GtkMessageDialog needs to be updated to new API
See http://live.gnome.org/PyGTK_2fWhatsNew28#update-constructors
Warning: Constructor for GtkRecentAction needs to be updated to new API
See http://live.gnome.org/PyGTK_2fWhatsNew28#update-constructors
***INFO*** The coverage of global functions is 88.67% (180/203)
***INFO*** The coverage of methods is 98.58% (2496/2532)
***INFO*** The coverage of virtual proxies is 94.67% (391/413)
***INFO*** The coverage of virtual accessors is 93.99% (469/499)
***INFO*** The coverage of interface proxies is 83.72% (72/86)
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/pygtk-2.16.0-r1/work/pygtk-2.16.0-2.6/gtk'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/pygtk-2.16.0-r1/work/pygtk-2.16.0-2.6'
make: *** [all] Error 2
* ERROR: dev-python/pygtk-2.16.0-r1 failed:
* Building failed with CPython 2.6 in python_default_function() function
*
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 54: Called src_compile
* environment, line 5365: Called python_src_compile
* environment, line 5150: Called python_execute_function '-d' '-s' '--'
* environment, line 4058: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* die "${failure_message}";
*
* If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =dev-python/pygtk-2.16.0-r1',
* the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =dev-python/pygtk-2.16.0-r1'.
* The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/pygtk-2.16.0-r1/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/pygtk-2.16.0-r1/temp/environment'.
* S: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/pygtk-2.16.0-r1/work/pygtk-2.16.0'

>>> Failed to emerge dev-python/pygtk-2.16.0-r1, Log file:

>>> '/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/pygtk-2.16.0-r1/temp/build.log'

* Messages for package dev-python/pygtk-2.16.0-r1:

* ERROR: dev-python/pygtk-2.16.0-r1 failed:
* Building failed with CPython 2.6 in python_default_function() function
*
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 54: Called src_compile
* environment, line 5365: Called python_src_compile
* environment, line 5150: Called python_execute_function '-d' '-s' '--'
* environment, line 4058: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* die "${failure_message}";
*

How can I prevent the compilation problem?
If requested, I will sent the other files mentioned in the above
report of course -- I only want to mailbomb the mailinglist in
beforehand

Best regards,
mcc

Old 07-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Bill Longman

On 07/01/2010 06:35 PM, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
> * Call stack:
> * ebuild.sh, line 54: Called src_compile
> * environment, line 5365: Called python_src_compile
> * environment, line 5150: Called python_execute_function '-d' '-s' '--'
> * environment, line 4058: Called die
> * The specific snippet of code:
> * die "${failure_message}";
> *
>

> How can I prevent the compilation problem?
> If requested, I will sent the other files mentioned in the above
> report of course -- I only want to mailbomb the mailinglist in
> beforehand

It's really hard for me to determine the exact cause because there seem
to be so many variables behind the problems with libpng. You might
consider recompiling GTK first. It seems to me that most of my
frustrations with stuck compilations can be solved by revdep-rebuild or
judicious recompilation of dependencies and making sure env-update has
been done and my environment is correct. I have become so use to "exec
bash -l" that I have an alias for it now....

Old 07-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Florian Philipp

Am 02.07.2010 03:35, schrieb meino.cramer@gmx.de:
> Hi
> after updateing libpng I run revdep-rebuild, which
> said pygtk have to rebuild (beside others).
> The compilation of pygtk breaks with:
>
> Could not write function get_option_group: No ArgType for GOptionGroup*
> Could not write function settings_install_property: No ArgType for GParamSpec*
> Could not write function settings_install_property_parser: No ArgType for GParamSpec*
> Could not write function stock_add_static: No ArgType for const-GtkStockItem*
> Could not write function stock_set_translate_func: No ArgType for GtkTranslateFunc
> Could not write function print_run_page_setup_dialog_async: No ArgType for GtkPageSetupDoneFunc
[...]

I've had the same problem. There is another error a few lines above
these, mentioning a missing library libpng-1.2 (well, well, who would
have guessed ).

Anyway, in my case it helped to re-emerge libglade. There is no logic
behind this move other than that the affected compilation unit had
something to do with glade.

Hope this helps,
Florian Philipp