Old 07-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Nicolas Sebrecht

Default OT: governors (was: Is cpufrequtils needed these days?)

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 07:52:02PM +0100, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:

> On Sonntag 28 Februar 2010, Mick wrote:
>
> > or is the kernel itself clever enough to manage the hardware directly
> > these days?
>
> yes, it is. Just use the ondemand governor.

I've noticed what looks like some work overloads using the ondemand
governor. I'm pretty sure it is normal but I can see (user feeling) when
the system loads the processor by intermittence. It is visible on some
compilations tasks and when playing flash videos and compared to the
performance governor. I'm still runing a 2.6.26 kernel.

Just a user back report.

--
Nicolas Sebrecht