Old 07-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Helmut Jarausch

Default VFAQ mirroring a live root FS

Hi,

would anybody please explain to me what difficulties
might occur if I mirror a live root file system
and use that for booting (in an emergency case).

I know that for proper mirroring I may mirror a live
root file system but I have to rsync it after booting from a
different device (USB,...)

But what happens if I have to boot a system from a backup
which has been mirrored from a live root file system.

Many thanks for sharing your experience,
Helmut.