Old 07-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Grant

Default Flash stopped working after Firefox 3.6.3->3.6.4 update.

>> Firefox got upgraded from 3.6.3 to 3.6.4 yesterday, and now the flash
>> plugin won't work. *I tried both "x86" and "~x86" versions, and both
>> crash 100% of the time.
>
> The problem was caused by an old 9.x copy of the plugin that was left
> in ~/.mozialla/plugins. *After deleting the flashplayer plugin from
> that directory, FF then found the "officially" installed 10.x version
> and is now happy.

I'm having the exact same problem, except I don't have a
~/.mozilla/plugins directory at all. Any ideas?

- Grant (a different Grant)

Old 07-02-2010, 04:05 AM
Grant

>>> The problem was caused by an old 9.x copy of the plugin that was left
>>> in ~/.mozialla/plugins. ?After deleting the flashplayer plugin from
>>> that directory, FF then found the "officially" installed 10.x version
>>> and is now happy.
>>
>> I'm having the exact same problem, except I don't have a
>> ~/.mozilla/plugins directory at all. *Any ideas?
>
> Search for libflashplayer.so files.
>
> Another of my machines had an old one in /usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins.
> That should have been a symlink to /opt/netscape/plugins/libflashplayer.so
> which is where the ebuild puts the file.

I did have an extra libflashplayer.so, I deleted it, I deleted
pluginreg.dat, I re-emerged adobe-flash, and I restarted firefox, but
flash still isn't working. It works in opera. Any ideas?

- Grant

Old 07-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Grant

>> > Try with another new profile :
>> > * * $ firefox -ProfileManager
>>
>> Here it stopped working in the new Opera-10.6 and Konqueror, but still
>> works in FF-3.6.4. *o_O
>>
>> I'm starting a new thread for the Opera problem ...
>
> Latest flash does not have a 64 bit version. On amd64 you MUST use
> nspluginwrapper.
>
> Safest is to just remerge the thing and let it convert all your plugins - the
> command to do that is somewhat arcane and tedious but the ebuild does it all
> automatically.

Fixed by emerging nspluginwrapper. Thanks everyone!

- Grant