Old 01-16-2008, 08:28 PM
"Jorge Almeida"

Default enscript

The --highlight option (formerly known as --pretty-print) of enscript
seems just broken (both in my gentoo box and in a FC box):

$ enscript -o foo.ps --highlight=perl foo.pl
enscript: unknown special escape:

Anyone knows something about this? I hope it doesn't mean enscript is
dying. Couldn't find a hint in Google...

Jorge Almeida

Old 03-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Hal Davison

Greetings..

Yes ENSCRIPT is a text to PostScript
conversion service.

As usual, am a bi confused on how to
implement the fit-to-page functionality.
Google resources say it is used then
proceeds to dance around the issue

Using the -f<fontname>@W/H option can one
calculate the necessary dimensions for
the print job consisting of over 200 pages?

--Hal.

--
Hal Davison
Observe Goal, Set the course, Burn the map

Old 03-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Charles Polisher

Hal Davison wrote:
> Greetings..
>
> Yes ENSCRIPT is a text to PostScript
> conversion service.
>
> As usual, am a bi confused on how to
> implement the fit-to-page functionality.
> Google resources say it is used then
> proceeds to dance around the issue
>
> Using the -f<fontname>@W/H option can one
> calculate the necessary dimensions for
> the print job consisting of over 200 pages?

It irritates me when people propose something else in place of
what the OP wants help with, so it is with misgivings that I
present what I have worked out for converting a text file to
postscript, fitting the page in 3-column format, using a
different tool. It took hours of trial and error (too many
docs!).

/usr/bin/a2ps
--prologue=bold
-r