Old 06-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Chen Huan

Default Problem about my own overlay

I had done some hack on jabberd2, and I make a new ebuild for it, To avoid the new ebuild being overwrite when I execute "emerge --sync", I make /var/lib/layman/myown for this ebuild

when I emerged jabberd2, it's normal,* but when I try to re-merge it, the output is :

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild** R** ] net-im/jabberd2-2.2.8* USE="berkdb ldap mysql pam ssl zlib -debug -memdebug -postgres -sqlite" 0 kB [?=>1]

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB

Portage tree and overlays:
*[0] /usr/portage
*[1] /var/lib/layman/myown
*[?] indicates that the source repository could not be determined

It says the jabberd2 's source repository could not be determined

I know it is not a problem and can be ignored, but I want to know where I should modify to fix it?

Thanks

Old 06-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Alex Schuster

Chen Huan writes:

> I had done some hack on jabberd2, and I make a new ebuild for it, To
> avoid the new ebuild being overwrite when I execute "emerge --sync", I
> make /var/lib/layman/myown for this ebuild
>
> when I emerged jabberd2, it's normal, but when I try to re-merge it,
> the output is :
>
> Calculating dependencies... done!
> [ebuild R ] net-im/jabberd2-2.2.8 USE="berkdb ldap mysql pam ssl
> zlib -debug -memdebug -postgres -sqlite" 0 kB [?=>1]
>
> Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
> Portage tree and overlays:
> [0] /usr/portage
> [1] /var/lib/layman/myown
> [?] indicates that the source repository could not be determined
>

> It says the jabberd2 's source repository could not be determined
>
> I know it is not a problem and can be ignored, but I want to know where
> I should modify to fix it?

The usual way would be to put it into the local overlay which is defined
by the PORTDIR_OVERLAY setting in /etc/make.conf. In order to avoid
another warning message, create a directory 'profile' there with a file
'repo_name' containing an arbitrary name, like 'my local portage tree'.

Wonko

Old 06-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Albert Hopkins

On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 19:51 +0800, Chen Huan wrote:
> I had done some hack on jabberd2, and I make a new ebuild for it, To
> avoid
> the new ebuild being overwrite when I execute "emerge --sync", I make
> /var/lib/layman/myown for this ebuild
>
> when I emerged jabberd2, it's normal, but when I try to re-merge it,
> the
> output is :
>
> Calculating dependencies... done!
> [ebuild R ] net-im/jabberd2-2.2.8 USE="berkdb ldap mysql pam ssl
> zlib
> -debug -memdebug -postgres -sqlite" 0 kB [?=>1]
>
> Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
> Portage tree and overlays:
> [0] /usr/portage
> [1] /var/lib/layman/myown
> [?] indicates that the source repository could not be determined

It's saying jabberd is being rebuilt, and orginally it was build from a
repo that is ownknown, and now it will be built
from /usr/lib/layman/myown.

Did you previously rename your repo or pass PORTDIR_OVERLAY from the
command line (which can sometimes confuse portage).

Old 06-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Chen Huan

thanks

previously jabberd2 is being merged from my own overlay too

in /var/lib/layman/myown, I just make the directory net-im/jabberd2/, there is no other things in /var/lib/layman/myown

Should I add some other things to the directory of my own overlay??

Did you previously rename your repo or pass PORTDIR_OVERLAY from the

command line (which can sometimes confuse portage).
===
No, i didn't do anything like that

Old 06-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Chen Huan

ok, I got it

after add a file "repo_name" to /var/lib/layman/myown, the warning message disappeared

thanks very much