Old 06-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Dale

Default who wants to downgrade my gcc ?

Helmut Jarausch wrote:

Hi,

this one is puzzling me.
I have gcc-4.4.4-r1 installed here.
emerge -vp sys-devel/gcc:4.4 would re-install this.
But,
an emerge --update --newuse --deep --tree --with-bdeps y @system @world
wants to downgrade it to gcc-4.4.3-r3

How can I find out, why?

Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut.

Adding the -t option may help.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 06-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Dale

Helmut Jarausch wrote:

Hi,

this one is puzzling me.
I have gcc-4.4.4-r1 installed here.
emerge -vp sys-devel/gcc:4.4 would re-install this.
But,
an emerge --update --newuse --deep --tree --with-bdeps y @system @world
wants to downgrade it to gcc-4.4.3-r3

How can I find out, why?

Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut.

Adding the -t option may help.

Dale

:-) :-)

Never mind. I saw it in there right after I hit send. No clue why or how.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 06-24-2010, 09:57 AM
"Thomas U. Nockmann"

On Thursday 24 June 2010 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
[...]

Hello,

> But,
> an emerge --update --newuse --deep --tree --with-bdeps y @system
> @world wants to downgrade it to gcc-4.4.3-r3
>
> How can I find out, why?

What does `equery d gcc` say?

`@|@`thomas
-

Old 06-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:57:55 +0200, Thomas U. Nockmann wrote:

> > But,
> > an emerge --update --newuse --deep --tree --with-bdeps y @system
> > @world wants to downgrade it to gcc-4.4.3-r3
> >
> > How can I find out, why?
>
> What does `equery d gcc` say?

What does emerge --update --newuse --deep --tree --with-bdeps y @world

actually say?

--
Neil Bothwick

What you don't know can hurt you, only you won't know it.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Dale