Old 06-22-2010, 11:17 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

Default file collision on net-libs/neon-0.29.3

On 06/23/2010 01:56 AM, Alex Schuster wrote:

Mick writes:

Checking for file ownership gives me:

# portageq owners / /usr/bin/neon-config
net-misc/neon-0.29.3
/usr/bin/neon-config

# portageq owners / /usr/include/neon/ne_207.h
net-misc/neon-0.29.3
/usr/include/neon/ne_207.h

and so on. How come that I cannot install net-misc/neon-0.29.3 due to
file collisions, when it is this package which owns the files in the
first place?

Strange! So it is installed already? Did you chaneg USE flags, so it gets
emerged again? Or did something go wrong when installing it the last time?

I have no idea, I wouldn't think what you see is possible at all.

neon got moved from net-misc to net-libs. It's just that the maintainer
forgot to rename the package if already installed. In those cases, you
either wait till the maintainer renames it, which will be picked up in
the next sync, or you just unmerge and then update again.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:41 AM
Mick

On Wednesday 23 June 2010 00:17:30 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 06/23/2010 01:56 AM, Alex Schuster wrote:
> > Mick writes:
> >> Checking for file ownership gives me:
> >>
> >> # portageq owners / /usr/bin/neon-config
> >> net-misc/neon-0.29.3
> >> /usr/bin/neon-config
> >>
> >> # portageq owners / /usr/include/neon/ne_207.h
> >> net-misc/neon-0.29.3
> >> /usr/include/neon/ne_207.h
> >>
> >> and so on. How come that I cannot install net-misc/neon-0.29.3 due to
> >> file collisions, when it is this package which owns the files in the
> >> first place?
> >
> > Strange! So it is installed already? Did you chaneg USE flags, so it gets
> > emerged again? Or did something go wrong when installing it the last
> > time?
> >
> > I have no idea, I wouldn't think what you see is possible at all.
>
> neon got moved from net-misc to net-libs. It's just that the maintainer
> forgot to rename the package if already installed. In those cases, you
> either wait till the maintainer renames it, which will be picked up in
> the next sync, or you just unmerge and then update again.

Thanks guys! A resync this morning did it a world of good!
Mick