Old 06-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Mick

Default file collision on net-libs/neon-0.29.3

Please remind me what we are supposed to do when we get:

* Package 'net-libs/neon-0.29.3' NOT merged due to file collisions. If
* necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole content of the
* above message.

Checking for file ownership gives me:

# portageq owners / /usr/bin/neon-config
net-misc/neon-0.29.3
/usr/bin/neon-config

# portageq owners / /usr/include/neon/ne_207.h
net-misc/neon-0.29.3
/usr/include/neon/ne_207.h

and so on. How come that I cannot install net-misc/neon-0.29.3 due to file
collisions, when it is this package which owns the files in the first place?
Mick

Old 06-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Alex Schuster

Mick writes:

> Please remind me what we are supposed to do when we get:
>
> * Package 'net-libs/neon-0.29.3' NOT merged due to file collisions. If
> * necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole content of the
> * above message.

You could force installation with FEATURES="-collision-protect -protect-
owned" emerge neon. Or emerge -c remove neon first if it is already
installed.

> Checking for file ownership gives me:
>
> # portageq owners / /usr/bin/neon-config
> net-misc/neon-0.29.3
> /usr/bin/neon-config
>
> # portageq owners / /usr/include/neon/ne_207.h
> net-misc/neon-0.29.3
> /usr/include/neon/ne_207.h
>
> and so on. How come that I cannot install net-misc/neon-0.29.3 due to
> file collisions, when it is this package which owns the files in the
> first place?

Strange! So it is installed already? Did you chaneg USE flags, so it gets
emerged again? Or did something go wrong when installing it the last time?

I have no idea, I wouldn't think what you see is possible at all.

Wonko