Old 01-16-2008, 07:49 AM
Aiko Barz

Default Linux/Active Directory - Multible Subdomains

Hi,

Question:
Is it possible to create an Active Directory forest with multible
subdomains and make Linux know everything about each Windows domain?

Right now, we have one domain and it is possible to do authentication
against the Active Directory. But now, another department would like to
have its own directory/sub-domain. This means: uid=xyz could be
located on two different directory servers within the Active Directory
forest.

AFAIK, I can only ask one Active Directory server while using LDAP and
this server only knows the people from its own domain. Am I right?

Regards,
Aiko
--
:wq