Old 06-16-2010, 12:38 PM
xuw zhan

Default problem while emerging qt-phonon

Hey.I got a problem here.

When I tried to emerge qt-phonon,I got some errors.It said that qt-phonon block some other package,just like media-sound/phonon,kdelibs,and so on.
It seems that I cannot install qt-phonon in kde desktop.

Does this mean that I cannot use phonon module in the qt-creator ide?

Old 06-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Wednesday 16 June 2010 14:38:10 xuw zhan wrote:
> Hey.I got a problem here.
>
> When I tried to emerge qt-phonon,I got some errors.It said that qt-phonon
> block some other package,just like media-sound/phonon,kdelibs,and so on.
> It seems that I cannot install qt-phonon in kde desktop.
> Does this mean that I cannot use phonon module in the qt-creator ide?

No, it does not mean that.

Do not use x11-libs/qt-phonon
Do use kde-base/phonon-kde and media-sound/phonon

Google will find you thousands of references as to why this is.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com