Old 06-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Mick

Default Cannot copy directories into webdav

Hi All,

I have set up a directory to have webdav access like so using
/etc/apache2/vhosts.d/00_default_vhost.conf:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName <mydomain.com>
ServerAlias demo-site
DocumentRoot /var/www/<mydomain.com>/htdocs
<Location />
Dav On
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /var/www/.basic_password
AuthName "WeDav Site Admin Access Only!"
Require user fred
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

I can access and read files. I cannot create files:

"Access was denied whilst attempting to upload webdav://<mydomain.com>/blah-
blah/test.txt"

I cannot create directories:

"A resource cannot be created at the destination until one or more
intermediate collections (folders) have been created".

Any idea what I'm missing here? The directory I am trying to write into is
owned by apache:

drwxr-xr-x 3 apache apache 72 Jan 24 17:26 themes
Mick

Old 06-14-2010, 02:22 AM
"Walter Dnes"

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 04:06:26PM +0100, Mick wrote

> Any idea what I'm missing here? The directory I am trying to write
> into is owned by apache:

What user are you when trying to write into the directory?

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>

Old 06-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Mick

On Monday 14 June 2010 03:22:23 Walter Dnes wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 04:06:26PM +0100, Mick wrote
>
> > Any idea what I'm missing here? The directory I am trying to write
> > into is owned by apache:
>
> What user are you when trying to write into the directory?

fred, as I have defined in the configuration file:

Require user fred
Mick