Old 06-13-2010, 02:02 AM
Mark Shields

Default Gentoo as a Windows server replacement (Active Directory/Exchange/File server integration)

In today's economy, more and more clients are looking for low cost alternatives to Windows servers. *I recently pitched the idea of offering linux-based servers to our clients as replacements for Windows Servers. *I've checked out Redhat Directory Server and installed that, though having some trouble with it; no doubt I'll figure it out. *I'm concerned with Samba and Zimbra integration into Redhat Directory Server. *All the documentation I've found points to people setting it up on RHEL or CentOS, and none on Gentoo. *Anyone have any experience with this?

I've been using Gentoo for 5 years on and off for servers mainly, so I'm fairly familiar with how it works. *If anyone has any tips on how to proceed, I would greatly appreciate it.

- Mark Shields