Old 06-11-2010, 08:55 AM
SpaceCake

Default Gnome downgrade / g_malloc_n

Hi,

After a few week of testing 2.30 release of Gnome using Gnome Overlay, I've decided to revert back to the stable tree. Now almost everything is compiled successfully, but a few ebuilds cannot be compiled. The only similarity I can found is this:

*undefined reference to `g_malloc_n'

I've tried to recompile the related packages, but it does not help. Do you have any idea how can I get rid off this

Thanks
Laszlo

Old 06-12-2010, 09:42 PM
walt

On 06/11/2010 01:55 AM, SpaceCake wrote:

Hi,

After a few week of testing 2.30 release of Gnome using Gnome Overlay, I've decided

> to revert back to the stable tree. Now almost everything is compiled successfully,
> but a few ebuilds cannot be compiled. The only similarity I can found is this:

undefined reference to `g_malloc_n'

I've tried to recompile the related packages, but it does not help.

That symbol is defined in glib-2.4, which is not in the stable tree. You
haven't recompiled the right package(s) yet, because something is still
linked against glib-2.4.

Have you tried revdep-rebuild? In theory, that should find the broken files
and re-emerge them using the older glib-2.2.n.