Old 06-08-2010, 06:07 AM
Dale

Default Seamonkey and redbox.com

Hi folks,

Anyone using Seamonkey 2 that this site works for?

www.redbox.com

When I go to this page with Seamonkey, I get this error:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: http://www.redbox.com/
Line Number 90, Column 65: <a
href="http://ebm.e.redbox.com/r/regf2?n=1&aid=2082183869&a=0"
target="_blank">

----------------------------------------------------------------^

It works fine with Firefox but not Seamonkey. Is it just me or is this
a Seamonkey bug or something?

Thanks.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 06-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Hartmut Figge

Dale:

>Anyone using Seamonkey 2 that this site works for?
>
>www.redbox.com
>
>When I go to this page with Seamonkey, I get this error:
>
>XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
>Location: http://www.redbox.com/
>Line Number 90, Column 65: <a
>href="http://ebm.e.redbox.com/r/regf2?n=1&aid=2082183869&a=0"
>target="_blank">
>----------------------------------------------------------------^

Same here with SM 2.1.

>It works fine with Firefox but not Seamonkey. Is it just me or is this
>a Seamonkey bug or something?

It is a bug in the site. Spoofing helps.

----- user.js -----
user_pref("general.useragent.extra.firefox", "NOT Firefox/3.5");
---------------

But i don't like that and will comment it out again.

Hartmut

Old 06-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Dale

Hartmut Figge wrote:

Dale:

Anyone using Seamonkey 2 that this site works for?

www.redbox.com

When I go to this page with Seamonkey, I get this error:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: http://www.redbox.com/
Line Number 90, Column 65:<a
href="http://ebm.e.redbox.com/r/regf2?n=1&aid=2082183869&a=0"
target="_blank">
----------------------------------------------------------------^

Same here with SM 2.1.

It works fine with Firefox but not Seamonkey. Is it just me or is this
a Seamonkey bug or something?

It is a bug in the site. Spoofing helps.

----- user.js -----
user_pref("general.useragent.extra.firefox", "NOT Firefox/3.5");
---------------

But i don't like that and will comment it out again.

Hartmut

Thanks. I installed user agent switcher, set it to IE and it works. At
least now I can go to the site.

The user agent switcher I have doesn't allow me to set it for certain
sites. Is there a switcher that when I go to certain sites it can be
set to different browsers? I thought there was one but I can't find it
anymore. Did that feature die?

Thanks.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 06-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Paul Hartman

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hartmut Figge wrote:
>>
>> Dale:
>>

>>> Anyone using Seamonkey 2 that this site works for?
>>>
>>> www.redbox.com
>>>
>>> When I go to this page with Seamonkey, I get this error:
>>>
>>> XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
>>> Location: http://www.redbox.com/
>>> Line Number 90, Column 65:<a
>>> href="http://ebm.e.redbox.com/r/regf2?n=1&aid=2082183869&a=0"
>>> target="_blank">
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------^
>>>

>> Same here with SM 2.1.
>>

>>> It works fine with Firefox but not Seamonkey. Is it just me or is this
>>> a Seamonkey bug or something?
>>>

>> It is a bug in the site. Spoofing helps.
>>
>> ----- user.js -----
>> user_pref("general.useragent.extra.firefox", "NOT Firefox/3.5");
>> ---------------
>>
>> But i don't like that and will comment it out again.
>>
>> Hartmut
>>

> Thanks. I installed user agent switcher, set it to IE and it works. At
> least now I can go to the site.
>
> The user agent switcher I have doesn't allow me to set it for certain sites.
> Is there a switcher that when I go to certain sites it can be set to
> different browsers? I thought there was one but I can't find it anymore.
> Did that feature die?

Looks like it is still on the to-do list for "User Agent Switcher":

http://chrispederick.com/work/user-agent-switcher/to-do/

Old 06-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Dale

Paul Hartman wrote:

[...]

Yep, it is. I didn't see that. After thinking about it, I think it was
Konqueror that allows a per site setting. I use Konqueror as my file
manager but don't like it for web browsing.

Maybe one day soon. Thanks.

Dale

:-) :-)