Old 06-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Chen Huan

Default A very strange problem with rc-update

Hi,everybody, I got a very very strange problems.

I have install gnome, and when I try to add hal to default runlevel, use command "rc-update add hald default", it is normal

and output of rc-update show is right

but when I restart computer, the hald doesn't auto start, when I log in the system, and exec "/etc/init.d/hald start", it is started normally

There is no any information about hald when the system starting......It is very strange...Could somebody help me...

And NetworkManager and xdm have the same problem.....

here is the ouput of rc-update show:

**************** mtab |************************* boot****************
*************** local | nonetwork******************** default********

****** NetworkManager |****************************** default********
************ mount-ro |************************************** shutdown
*************** dmesg |********** sysinit****************************

************ netmount |****************************** default********
***************** xdm |****************************** default********
**************** udev |********** sysinit****************************

*********** syslog-ng |****************************** default********
******** termencoding |************************* boot****************
*************** devfs |********** sysinit****************************

************* modules |************************* boot****************
************** procfs |************************* boot****************
************** sysctl |************************* boot****************

************* urandom |************************* boot****************
**************** fsck |************************* boot****************
**************** root |************************* boot****************

********** localmount |************************* boot****************
************ bootmisc |************************* boot****************
************** net.lo |************************* boot****************

************* keymaps |************************* boot****************
**************** dbus |****************************** default********
************ hostname |************************* boot****************

************* hwclock |************************* boot****************
*********** killprocs |************************************** shutdown
**************** hald |****************************** default********

********** vixie-cron |****************************** default********
*********** savecache |************************************** shutdown
**************** swap |************************* boot****************

****** udev-postmount |****************************** default********
********* consolefont |************************* boot****

Old 06-05-2010, 04:36 PM
walt

Hi,everybody, I got a very very strange problems.

I have install gnome, and when I try to add hal to default runlevel, use command "rc-update add hald default", it is normal

and output of rc-update show is right

but when I restart computer, the hald doesn't auto start, when I log in the system, and exec "/etc/init.d/hald start", it is started normally

There is no any information about hald when the system starting......It is very strange...Could somebody help me...

And NetworkManager and xdm have the same problem.....

What version of baselayout are you using?

Old 06-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Chen Huan

It's baselayout-2.0.1

And I remerged openrc and baselayout-2, the problem solved

but I still want to know the reason why the problem happen

Old 06-06-2010, 07:20 PM
walt

And I remerged openrc and baselayout-2, the problem solved

but I still want to know the reason why the problem happen

I don't know, but I suspect one of those two packages had a bug
when you installed them last time, and the bug has been fixed
since then. Just a guess.