Old 05-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Dan Johansson

Default replacement for pdftk

After a recent gcc upgrade (4.3.4 -> 4.4.3-r2) on an amd64, pdftk won't
compile anymore. Although I like the pdtk I'm looking for a replacement as
pdft is no more maintained (last release November 28, 2006).
Any suggestions for a good command line tool to manage PDFs like pdftk (split
(burst) a PDF, combine two or more PDFs, Rotate PDFs and so on)?

--
Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!

Old 05-30-2010, 01:49 AM
Philip Webb

100529 Dan Johansson wrote:
> After a recent upgrade of Gcc 4.3.4 -> 4.4.3-r2 on an amd64,
> Pdftk won't compile anymore.

Have you filed a bug ? What is its number ?

> Although I like the Pdftk I'm looking for a replacement,
> as Pdftk is no more maintained (last release November 28, 2006).

I too find Pdftk useful, so please tell us more re your problem.

SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb

Old 05-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Liviu Andronic

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@dmj.nu> wrote:
> Any suggestions for a good command line tool to manage PDFs like pdftk (split
> (burst) a PDF, combine two or more PDFs, Rotate PDFs and so on)?

http://blog.oak-tree.us/index.php/2010/05/26/pdf-linux

Liviu

Old 06-14-2010, 06:23 PM

Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@dmj.nu> writes:

> After a recent gcc upgrade (4.3.4 -> 4.4.3-r2) on an amd64, pdftk won't
> compile anymore. Although I like the pdtk I'm looking for a replacement as
> pdft is no more maintained (last release November 28, 2006).
> Any suggestions for a good command line tool to manage PDFs like pdftk (split
> (burst) a PDF, combine two or more PDFs, Rotate PDFs and so on)?

As P. Webb, said, for the trouble with pdftk, search / file a bug at
b.g.o.

As for alternatives, pdfjam fits my needs...

* app-text/pdfjam
gentoo: 1.20 1.20-r1 1.21(~) 2.01(~) 2.05(~) {:0}
installed: 2.05* {:0}
Homepage: http://www.warwick.ac.uk/go/pdfjam
License: GPL-2
Installed time: Sun May 09 01:04:16 CEST 2010
Use flags: Build Options: -trace
From repositories: gentoo
Installed using: paludis-0.46.0

--
When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him
keep her.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Fred Leon

Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@dmj.nu> writes:

After a recent gcc upgrade (4.3.4 -> 4.4.3-r2) on an amd64, pdftk won't
compile anymore. Although I like the pdtk I'm looking for a replacement as
pdft is no more maintained (last release November 28, 2006).
Any suggestions for a good command line tool to manage PDFs like
pdftk (split

(burst) a PDF, combine two or more PDFs, Rotate PDFs and so on)?

Hello,
I don't know if this could help you, but I have recently discover pdftk.
My gcc version was 4.4.3-r2 on amd64 and when I try to emerge pdftk, it
tell me to add gcj USE flag to gcc, so you could try to re-emerge gcc with
gcj USE flag enabled.
After that everything compiles fine in my case.

Hope this help (and sorry for my poor english speaking)
* Fred
* Webmaster at http://www.drakonix.fr