Old 05-27-2010, 02:42 PM

Default Grub & USB keyboard

I have an USB keyboard that works fine thru evdev. At boot time, it allows the
BIOS to be called and set.Right after that grub displays its menu but just
ignores key strokes...
Any known solution ? In other terms, how can I 'teach' grub to read a USB
keyboard at boot time ?

--
~adj~

Old 05-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Florian Philipp

Am 27.05.2010 16:42, schrieb alain.didierjean@free.fr:
> I have an USB keyboard that works fine thru evdev. At boot time, it allows the
> BIOS to be called and set.Right after that grub displays its menu but just
> ignores key strokes...
> Any known solution ? In other terms, how can I 'teach' grub to read a USB
> keyboard at boot time ?
>
> --
> ~adj~

Take a look into your BIOS. Search for something like "USB 1.1 Device
Legacy Support" and enable it.

Hope this helps,
Florian Philipp

Old 05-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Paul Hartman

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 9:42 AM, <alain.didierjean@free.fr> wrote:
> I have an USB keyboard that works fine thru evdev. At boot time, it allows the
> BIOS to be called and set.Right after that grub displays its menu but just
> ignores key strokes...
> Any known solution ? In other terms, how can I 'teach' grub to read a USB
> keyboard at boot time ?

In your BIOS there is probably a setting for USB Keyboard, try to set
it to "Legacy" or "DOS" mode, something like that. Then it should work
in GRUB.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:33 AM

Selon Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@gmail.com>:

> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 9:42 AM, <alain.didierjean@free.fr> wrote:
> > I have an USB keyboard that works fine thru evdev. At boot time, it allows
> the
> > BIOS to be called and set.Right after that grub displays its menu but just
> > ignores key strokes...
> > Any known solution ? In other terms, how can I 'teach' grub to read a USB
> > keyboard at boot time ?
>
> In your BIOS there is probably a setting for USB Keyboard, try to set
> it to "Legacy" or "DOS" mode, something like that. Then it should work
> in GRUB.

Stupid me ! I didn't find the option in the first place because one has to
scroll down to be able to read it !
Thanks all, it's working now.

--
~adj~