Old 05-27-2010, 12:22 AM

Default Splitting gentoo into /usr and /usr/local

Hi,

is there any reasonable way to keep any "stable"
installation (those done without using "~x86" in
package.keywords) in /usr while anything installed
as "unstable" (using "~x86) under /usr/local ?

best regards,
mcc

Old 05-27-2010, 06:50 AM
justin

On 27/05/10 02:22, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there any reasonable way to keep any "stable"
> installation (those done without using "~x86" in
> package.keywords) in /usr while anything installed
> as "unstable" (using "~x86) under /usr/local ?
>
> best regards,
> mcc

As per definition /usr/local is only for user stuff, no ebuild will ever
install into it anything. But what you can di is using a prefix:

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/

http://blog.jolexa.net/2010/03/23/installing-gentoo-prefix-on-a-gentoo-linux-host/

justin