Old 05-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Peng Hsin-shun

Default I can't re-emerge from kde-live to kde-4.4.

I was using KDE-Live (v.4.4.95), but it crashed sometimes.Then I do: emerge -C @kde-live.The kde-meta-9999 had been*uninstall-ed well.Next step, I switch to stable version 4.4.3.But when I do: emerge kde-meta:4.4.
It shows:
Total: 60 packages (3 upgrades, 5 new, 52 in new slots, 52 uninstalls), Size of downloads: 0 kBConflict: 104 blocks
I don't know why there's only 60 packages.
Is there something I need to fix?I want to re-emerge full KDE.Would anyone can help me?Thank you!

Old 05-25-2010, 01:25 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Tuesday 25 May 2010 14:55:17 Peng Hsin-shun wrote:
> I was using KDE-Live (v.4.4.95), but it crashed sometimes.
> Then I do: emerge -C @kde-live.
> The kde-meta-9999 had been uninstall-ed well.
> Next step, I switch to stable version 4.4.3.
> But when I do: emerge kde-meta:4.4.
> It shows:
>
> Total: 60 packages (3 upgrades, 5 new, 52 in new slots, 52 uninstalls),
> Size of downloads: 0 kB
> Conflict: 104 blocks
>
> I don't know why there's only 60 packages.
> Is there something I need to fix?
> I want to re-emerge full KDE.
> Would anyone can help me?
> Thank you!

You unmerged the live set. That only unmerged things explicitly mentioned in
it. You did not unmerge the deps it pulled in and they are still there.

Check for kde-live packages in world, then do

emerge -a --depclean

then emerge kde-meta:4.4

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com