FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Mick
 
Default Konqueror crashes with latest flash

When I go to http://www.speedtest.net the flash content does not show (just a
white frame in its place) and if I close konqueror I get a "signal 11
sigserv". This is what the terminal shows:

$ konqueror
ASSERT: "!icon.isEmpty()" in konq_pixmapprovider.cc (81)
ASSERT: "!icon.isEmpty()" in konq_pixmapprovider.cc (81)
ASSERT: "!icon.isEmpty()" in konq_pixmapprovider.cc (81)

(process:8363): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_clipboard_get_for_display: assertion
`display != NULL' failed
Adobe Flash Player: gtk_clipboard_get(GDK_SELECTION_PRIMARY); failed. Trying
to call gtk_init(0,0);
KCrash: Application 'nspluginviewer' crashing...
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
Major opcode: 25
Minor opcode: 0
Resource id: 0x2600006

Rebuilding flash, nspluginviewer and konqueror has not fixed this, neither has
revdep-rebuild. Any ideas?
--
Regards,
Mick
 
Old 01-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Alex Schuster
 
Default Konqueror crashes with latest flash

Mick writes:

> When I go to http://www.speedtest.net the flash content does not show
> (just a white frame in its place) and if I close konqueror I get a
> "signal 11 sigserv". This is what the terminal shows:
[...]
> Rebuilding flash, nspluginviewer and konqueror has not fixed this,
> neither has revdep-rebuild. Any ideas?

After upgrading to netscape-flash-9.0.115.0, I had similar problems,
although I did not start konqueror on the command line to see the error
messages. I got a segmentation fault on nearly every page with flash,
althogh the browser itself did not crash most of the times.

The forum has also some threads about it, with problems also with firefox or
opera. The bug is reported as #204980.

I downgraded back to 9.0.48.0-r1, and all is fine. Except for the big
security problems this involves... One suggestion I read about is to use
kmplayer for flash, but I'm too lazy to do so.

Wonko
--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 01-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Mick
 
Default Konqueror crashes with latest flash

On Tuesday 15 January 2008, Alex Schuster wrote:
> Mick writes:

> > Rebuilding flash, nspluginviewer and konqueror has not fixed this,
> > neither has revdep-rebuild. Any ideas?
>
> After upgrading to netscape-flash-9.0.115.0, I had similar problems,
> although I did not start konqueror on the command line to see the error
> messages. I got a segmentation fault on nearly every page with flash,
> althogh the browser itself did not crash most of the times.
>
> The forum has also some threads about it, with problems also with firefox
> or opera. The bug is reported as #204980.
>
> I downgraded back to 9.0.48.0-r1, and all is fine. Except for the big
> security problems this involves... One suggestion I read about is to use
> kmplayer for flash, but I'm too lazy to do so.

Thanks for letting me know - good to know it's not something borked just with
my setup.
--
Regards,
Mick
 
Old 01-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Alan McKinnon
 
Default Konqueror crashes with latest flash

On Tuesday 15 January 2008, Alex Schuster wrote:
> Mick writes:
> > When I go to http://www.speedtest.net the flash content does not
> > show (just a white frame in its place) and if I close konqueror I
> > get a "signal 11 sigserv". This is what the terminal shows:
>
> [...]
>
> > Rebuilding flash, nspluginviewer and konqueror has not fixed this,
> > neither has revdep-rebuild. Any ideas?
>
> After upgrading to netscape-flash-9.0.115.0, I had similar problems,
> although I did not start konqueror on the command line to see the
> error messages. I got a segmentation fault on nearly every page with
> flash, althogh the browser itself did not crash most of the times.
>
> The forum has also some threads about it, with problems also with
> firefox or opera. The bug is reported as #204980.
>
> I downgraded back to 9.0.48.0-r1, and all is fine. Except for the big
> security problems this involves... One suggestion I read about is to
> use kmplayer for flash, but I'm too lazy to do so.

Same here, I had to downgrade to 9.0.48.0-r1 to get flash working in
konqueror. Firefox also OK with this version

9.0.115.0 always worked fine for me in firefox though.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:10 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org