Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Gentoo User (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/)
-   -   SOLVED: Kernel upgrade and now LUKS failure (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/375155-solved-kernel-upgrade-now-luks-failure.html)

"Stefan G. Weichinger" 05-23-2010 08:37 PM

SOLVED: Kernel upgrade and now LUKS failure
 
Don't ask ... I was really perfectly positive back then that there was
no newline in my decrypted key (I even used grep, yes) ... today there
was one ... *sigh*

The posting on:

http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=318865

pointed me at another hint from Jan which now helped me to use my
encrypted volume with pam_mount-2.1 at last.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help ... sorry for all the noise ...

Stefan

Mick 05-23-2010 09:57 PM

SOLVED: Kernel upgrade and now LUKS failure
 
On Sunday 23 May 2010 21:37:58 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> Don't ask ... I was really perfectly positive back then that there was
> no newline in my decrypted key (I even used grep, yes) ... today there
> was one ... *sigh*
>
> The posting on:
>
> http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=318865
>
> pointed me at another hint from Jan which now helped me to use my
> encrypted volume with pam_mount-2.1 at last.
>
> Thanks for all your suggestions and help ... sorry for all the noise ...

Since we were subjected to all this noise (no problem for me, I found the
thread interesting, albeit undecipherable! Pun intended =) can you please
explain why a new line breaks the openssl key?

I have an SSL pkcs12 certificate which I am trying to use with kmail and I
can't decrypt it no matter what encryption passphrase I set up.

--
Regards,
Mick

"Stefan G. Weichinger" 05-25-2010 06:44 PM

SOLVED: Kernel upgrade and now LUKS failure
 
Am 23.05.2010 23:57, schrieb Mick:
> On Sunday 23 May 2010 21:37:58 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>> Thanks for all your suggestions and help ... sorry for all the noise ...
>
> Since we were subjected to all this noise (no problem for me, I found the
> thread interesting, albeit undecipherable! Pun intended =) can you please
> explain why a new line breaks the openssl key?

Hm, *I* can't.

AFAI understand: that newline was handled in a different way with
pam_mount-1.33, back then the ssl-decrypted key was fed into cryptsetup
and now that isn't done anymore. Back then the key was modified by
cryptsetup, and now, as cryptsetup isn't in the whole "chain" anymore,
the key is not modified (or at least in another way) so it doesn't fit
the key as it was at creation-time.

That is what I understand, pls correct me, Jan ;-)

> I have an SSL pkcs12 certificate which I am trying to use with kmail and I
> can't decrypt it no matter what encryption passphrase I set up.

Sorry, no idea.

I suggest you start a new thread for your issue and provide us with more
details.

Stefan


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:11 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.