Old 05-22-2010, 02:17 PM
"W.Kenworthy"

Default spell checking using kile under gnome

I am using kile under gnome to edit latex files. Its ok, but I am
having problems with the spell checker - it works and does the job
except it cant "add to dictionary" so once I restart kile, I have to
start again with every discrepancy picked up by the spell checker.

I suspect its because of using it under gnome there is no way to set a
personal dictionary. Ive installed kcontrol which is apparently what you
use in KDE to set the dictionaries, but I cant see how to set a personal
dictionary. Maybe I need to install/run a full kde to set it? - then
will it stay set under gnome?

Any help appreciated!

BillK

Old 05-22-2010, 04:32 PM
walt

I am using kile under gnome to edit latex files. Its ok, but I am
having problems with the spell checker - it works and does the job
except it cant "add to dictionary"...

I know nothing about kile, and little about latex, but I notice that
gedit does have a LaTeX highlighting mode in the View::Highlighting::
Markup:: menu. Would that work for you?

Old 05-23-2010, 01:19 AM
William Kenworthy

kile to gedit is like openoffice to dos edit!

I'd rather not ...

BillK

--
William Kenworthy <billk@iinet.net.au>