Old 05-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

Default Can't get PulseAudio to work

On Samstag 22 Mai 2010, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 05/22/2010 02:24 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:

> >> "audio.driverulse" also doesn't work :-/

> >> Because people claim ALSA+Pulse is better than OSS4. So I ought to
> >> actually try it "with a correct setup, unlike the broken Ubuntu setup",
> >> or else everyone will keep saying I don't know what I'm talking about.
> >
> > really? There are people claiming that? ok, everything is better than
> > OSS4 - but PA? That crap is almost as bad as ESD.
>
> Well if I'm going to use ALSA I need something that gives me
> per-application volume control since ALSA is too broken to even provide
> that while the rest of the world moved on.

oh yeah, one other thing:
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Softvol

ALSA CAN control the volume of every single app. You just choose to ignore it.
Or you chose not to look for it. Either way, it is there.

Without the inherent brokenness of OSS4

Old 05-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

On 05/22/2010 04:03 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:

[...]

You live in your own little world, Armin. That has nothing to do with
per-app volume. You're as ignorant as ever and I must ask myself why I
choose to waste time talking with you, over and over again.

This discussion is over. Welcome to my killfile.

*plonk*

Old 05-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Dale

Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

[...]

Well, I'm not Armin but it does talk about per-app volume. This is a
quote from the link above:

"Another usefull thing you can do is control the volume of every
application seperatly, even if the application can't do it on its own."

It's the third sentence on the page. I'm not sure how you could miss
that. I need new glasses and have one eye I'm almost blind in and I saw
that.

You may want to adjust your killfile.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 05-22-2010, 02:19 PM
luis jure

on 2010-05-22 at 16:57 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

guys, ever heard of trimming your quotes?

Old 05-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Samstag 22 Mai 2010, Dale wrote:

> "Another usefull thing you can do is control the volume of every
> application seperatly, even if the application can't do it on its own."
>
> It's the third sentence on the page. I'm not sure how you could miss
> that. I need new glasses and have one eye I'm almost blind in and I saw
> that.
>
> You may want to adjust your killfile.
>
> Dale

he is completely blind in his pro OSSv4 trollness. No suprise, really.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:34 AM
pk

On 2010-05-22 16:19, luis jure wrote:
> guys, ever heard of trimming your quotes?

+1