Old 05-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Dale

Default Emerge building a binary from installed package

Hi,

I think there is a way to do this but it's not sticking out at me on the
emerge man page. I'm doing a install and want to build a binary package
from my running system and install it on the new install. Basically, I
don't want to recompile, I just want emerge to copy the correct files
and make a tarball for me.

I found the buildpkg option but that seems to compile it first then make
a tarball. Can I get it to skip the compile part? Is that a option
that portage has?

Thanks.

Dale

:-) :-)