Old 05-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Grant

Default Preventing a shared interrupt

Does anyone know how to prevent my "nouveau" video card and "ath" wifi
card from sharing interrupt 19? I can't move the video card slot and
I'd rather not move the wifi card slot if possible.

BTW, does anyone see any other opportunity for interrupt optimization
here? I'm trying to optimize for video and especially audio, and I'm
using a USB 1.0 sound card.

# cat /proc/interrupts
CPU0
0: 473139 IO-APIC-edge timer
1: 2 IO-APIC-edge i8042
7: 1 IO-APIC-edge
8: 127 IO-APIC-edge rtc0
9: 0 IO-APIC-fasteoi acpi
12: 3 IO-APIC-edge i8042
14: 0 IO-APIC-edge ide0
19: 135597 IO-APIC-fasteoi nouveau, ath
20: 2 IO-APIC-fasteoi ehci_hcd:usb2
21: 13860 IO-APIC-fasteoi ehci_hcd:usb1
22: 971970 IO-APIC-fasteoi ohci_hcd:usb4
23: 3446 IO-APIC-fasteoi ohci_hcd:usb3
28: 21524 PCI-MSI-edge ahci
NMI: 0 Non-maskable interrupts
LOC: 2234210 Local timer interrupts
SPU: 0 Spurious interrupts
PMI: 0 Performance monitoring interrupts
PND: 0 Performance pending work
THR: 0 Threshold APIC interrupts
MCE: 0 Machine check exceptions
MCP: 6 Machine check polls