Old 05-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Grant

Default nouveau-drm compile failure

I'm trying to compile nouveau-drm for my Nvidia 8400GS video card, but
compilation fails:

/var/tmp/portage/x11-base/nouveau-drm-20100316/work/master/drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau_drv.c:
In function 'nouveau_pci_suspend':
/var/tmp/portage/x11-base/nouveau-drm-20100316/work/master/drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau_drv.c:232:
error: implicit declaration of function 'acquire_console_sem'
/var/tmp/portage/x11-base/nouveau-drm-20100316/work/master/drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau_drv.c:234:
error: implicit declaration of function 'release_console_sem'

I get kernel config warnings:

* CONFIG_FB_CFB_FILLRECT: is not set when it should be.
* CONFIG_FB_CFB_COPYAREA: is not set when it should be.
* CONFIG_FB_CFB_IMAGEBLIT: is not set when it should be.

But those kernel options are required to be automatically selected by
a list of dependant options which is very long and very ridiculous.
Are those options the reason for the compile failure?

- Grant

Old 05-20-2010, 05:32 PM
Nikos Chantziaras