Old 05-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Alan McKinnon

Default Cannot find entrance!

On Wednesday 19 May 2010 17:37:36 Mick wrote:
> On 19 May 2010 16:21, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 12:56 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> PS. Where did you find this note about entrance being deprecated Paul?
> >
> > http://overlays.gentoo.org/dev/vapier/changeset/372
> >
> > Which FWIW and I should have mentioned, you can download the deleted
> > files and add it to your local overlay if you still want to try it out
> >

> > http://overlays.gentoo.org/dev/vapier/browser/enlightenment/x11-misc/entr
> > ance?rev=278
> >
> > (it was last updated 3 years ago)
>
> Thank you all for your replies! I will be experimenting as soon as I
> get some free time with this (I sincerely hope that it won't take me
> another three years this time).
>
> I am however surprised that there isn't more development in this area
> - isn't there demand for it?

Sure there's demand. The e17 APIs change faster than you can change your
underwear, so feel free to maintain the ebuilds at the same pace yourself :-)

entrance itself is one of those yucky horrible projects that no-one wants to
touch. It's a common affliction to all dm's, even gdm/kdm are subject to lots
of intense bitrot

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com