Old 05-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Jarry

Default script for sending mail with attachement?

Hi,
my small mysql-database is archived every couple of hours, but
all those backups (~5MB each) are still on the server, which
I do not consider secure. I would like to have them sent to me
per email.

What I am looking for is some command-line mailer, which could
be used in script-mode, and able to send attachements. Any ideas?

Jarry

Old 05-11-2010, 07:39 PM
David Abbott

--

Hi Jarry,
Here is one I use, found it somewhere, works good

Old 05-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Oli Schmidt

--
There 3 good and simple ways to do .. :

- use biabam command line program (emerge it)
- sendemail.pl (google it)
- uuencode (uuencode somefile.zip | mailx -s "daily mail" some@user.com)

Oli

Old 05-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Grant Edwards

echo "Here's the backup..." | mutt -s "Mysql backup" -a filename.whatever username@whereever.com

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I'm GLAD I
at remembered to XEROX all

Old 05-11-2010, 08:05 PM

Jarry wrote:

Hi,
my small mysql-database is archived every couple of hours, but
all those backups (~5MB each) are still on the server, which
I do not consider secure. I would like to have them sent to me
per email.

What I am looking for is some command-line mailer, which could
be used in script-mode, and able to send attachements. Any ideas?

Jarry

mail-client/nail is a replacement (with more functionality) than mail-client/mailx. With nail you can specify the from address of your emails

-Brandon

Old 05-12-2010, 03:00 AM
Brett Freer

Hi Jarry,
mpack -s "backup" file.bak user@somewhere.com
Brett Freer

Old 05-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Fab

2010/5/12 Brett Freer <brett@rhapsody.com.au>

> Hi Jarry,
> mpack -s "backup" file.bak user@somewhere.com
> Brett Freer

AFAIK, mpack is unmaintained, and the last version does not work on
amd64 (gentoo bug #171075).
I would recommend net-mail/sendEmail.