Old 05-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Kraus Philipp

Default sys-apps/acl with nfs support

Hello,

I try to compile the sys-apps/acl package with the nfs option, but I
can't set the flag. I add to my portage.use
sysapps/acl and nfs but if I emerge the acl or virtual/acl emerge
doesn't use the nfs flag.

Now I have installed
sys-apps/acl Installed versions: 2.2.49(23:33:57 05/09/10)(nls -nfs)

and I need the acl support on the nfs share. How can I recompile the
acl package with nfs support?

Thanks

Phil

Old 05-11-2010, 10:52 AM
"Arttu V."

On 5/11/10, Kraus Philipp <philipp.kraus@flashpixx.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to compile the sys-apps/acl package with the nfs option, but I
> can't set the flag. I add to my portage.use
> sysapps/acl and nfs but if I emerge the acl or virtual/acl emerge
> doesn't use the nfs flag.
>
> Now I have installed
> sys-apps/acl Installed versions: 2.2.49(23:33:57 05/09/10)(nls -nfs)
>
> and I need the acl support on the nfs share. How can I recompile the
> acl package with nfs support?

First check that the reason for the masking does not apply to your
situation (bug #149472), then I think you can just force-override it
by adding the package atom and USE flag in
/etc/portage/profile/package.use.force (haven't tried myself).

I haven't used nfs for years, so you might wait for a second opinion
from the gurus actually using it.

--
Arttu V.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Kraus Philipp

I try to compile the sys-apps/acl package with the nfs option, but I
can't set the flag. I add to my portage.use
sysapps/acl and nfs but if I emerge the acl or virtual/acl emerge
doesn't use the nfs flag.

Now I have installed
sys-apps/acl Installed versions: 2.2.49(23:33:57 05/09/10)(nls -nfs)

and I need the acl support on the nfs share. How can I recompile the
acl package with nfs support?

First check that the reason for the masking does not apply to your
situation (bug #149472), then I think you can just force-override it
by adding the package atom and USE flag in
/etc/portage/profile/package.use.force (haven't tried myself).

I had try this in a VM but the emerge command don't use the
package.use.force

Thx

Phil

Old 05-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Wed, 12 May 2010 21:54:54 +0200, Kraus Philipp wrote:

> >> and I need the acl support on the nfs share. How can I recompile the
> >> acl package with nfs support?
> >
> > First check that the reason for the masking does not apply to your
> > situation (bug #149472), then I think you can just force-override it
> > by adding the package atom and USE flag in
> > /etc/portage/profile/package.use.force (haven't tried myself).
>
> I had try this in a VM but the emerge command don't use the
> package.use.force

It's package.use.mask, add this

sys-apps/acl -nfs

--
Neil Bothwick

If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it
considered a hostage situation?

Old 05-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Kraus Philipp

and I need the acl support on the nfs share. How can I recompile the
acl package with nfs support? *

First check that the reason for the masking does not apply to your
situation (bug #149472), then I think you can just force-override it
by adding the package atom and USE flag in
/etc/portage/profile/package.use.force (haven't tried myself). *

I had try this in a VM but the emerge command don't use the *
package.use.force

It's package.use.mask, add this

sys-apps/acl -nfs

Thanks, everything's fine. My ACLs over NFS work now perfect