Old 01-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Neil Bothwick

Default ebuild that installs partprobe

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:20:26 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> There a site out there that lists files installed for just about all
> gentoo ebuilds, could some kind soul post the url for me please?

http://www.rommel.stw.uni-erlangen.de/~fejf/cgi-bin/pfs-web.pl?action=home

But it's currently not working

http://packages.debian.org says it's part of parted, and qfile agrees (I
didn't even know I had it installed).

--
Neil Bothwick

Uhura: Captain, you're being flamed on channel one.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:55 AM

There is a wonderful new tool available for questions like this!!

http://www.portagefilelist.de/index.php/Special:PFLQuery?dir=&package=&full_file=&file=par tprobe&version=&pflquery=submitted

Old 01-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Alan McKinnon

On Monday 14 January 2008, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:20:26 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > There a site out there that lists files installed for just about
> > all gentoo ebuilds, could some kind soul post the url for me
> > please?
>
> http://www.rommel.stw.uni-erlangen.de/~fejf/cgi-bin/pfs-web.pl?action
>=home
>
> But it's currently not working
>
> http://packages.debian.org says it's part of parted, and qfile agrees
> (I didn't even know I had it installed).

That explains why it's missing - victim of a recent spring clean I did.
I never use parted, I'm an fdisk kind of guy myself :-)

Thanks for the reply, and to Etaoin as well

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 01-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Etaoin Shrdlu

Old 01-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Michael Schmarck

Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:

> There a site out there that lists files installed for just about all
> gentoo ebuilds, could some kind soul post the url for me please?

I suppose you're talking about PFS, Portage File Search at
http://www.rommel.stw.uni-erlangen.de/~fejf/pfs/ - but that
site is gone now If anyone knows of a replacement for this:
Please post URL!

Michael

Old 01-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Galevsky

On 1/14/08, justin@j-schmitz.net <justin@j-schmitz.net> wrote:

> There is a wonderful new tool available for questions like this!!
>
> http://www.portagefilelist.de/index.php/Special:PFLQuery?dir=&package=&full_file=&file=par tprobe&version=&pflquery=submitted

Many tanks, it is a good URL to know

Gal'

Old 01-14-2008, 11:10 AM

www.portagefilelist.de

Old 01-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Etaoin Shrdlu

On Monday 14 January 2008, justin@j-schmitz.net wrote:

> There is a wonderful new tool available for questions like this!!
>
> http://www.portagefilelist.de/index.php/Special:PFLQuery?dir=&package=
>&full_file=&file=partprobe&version=&pflquery=subm itted

Great tool, thanks for the info!

Old 01-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Monday 14 January 2008, justin@j-schmitz.net wrote:
> www.portagefilelist.de

*Very* useful link - thanks!

alan

Old 01-14-2008, 12:54 PM

There is a wiki article http://gentoo-wiki.com/PortageFileList which
contains a python script, which sends updates from ones personal box to the
database server. As this project community dependent a lot of users should
help to update the database.