Old 01-14-2008, 05:03 PM

Default ebuild that installs partprobe

<justin@j-schmitz.net> writes:

> There is a wiki article http://gentoo-wiki.com/PortageFileList which
> contains a python script, which sends updates from ones personal box to the
> database server. As this project community dependent a lot of users should
> help to update the database.

That script fails here... I suppose the site has a bug report or help
link there somewhere. Or I guess a wiki input scheme... I've never
actually used a wiki in that way before.

Very nice site though... many times over the last 3 or so years I could
have used this.. Thanks gentoo community.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Dale

reader@newsguy.com wrote:
> <justin@j-schmitz.net> writes:
>

>> There is a wiki article http://gentoo-wiki.com/PortageFileList which
>> contains a python script, which sends updates from ones personal box to the
>> database server. As this project community dependent a lot of users should
>> help to update the database.
>>

> That script fails here... I suppose the site has a bug report or help
> link there somewhere. Or I guess a wiki input scheme... I've never
> actually used a wiki in that way before.
>
> Very nice site though... many times over the last 3 or so years I could
> have used this.. Thanks gentoo community.

I ran the script here and it worked fine. Did you run it as root? Also
make it executable too.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 01-15-2008, 05:00 AM

Dale <dalek1967@bellsouth.net> writes:

> reader@newsguy.com wrote:
>> <justin@j-schmitz.net> writes:
>>

>>> There is a wiki article http://gentoo-wiki.com/PortageFileList which
>>> contains a python script, which sends updates from ones personal box to the
>>> database server. As this project community dependent a lot of users should
>>> help to update the database.
>>>

>> That script fails here... I suppose the site has a bug report or help
>> link there somewhere. Or I guess a wiki input scheme... I've never
>> actually used a wiki in that way before.
>>
>> Very nice site though... many times over the last 3 or so years I could
>> have used this.. Thanks gentoo community.
>>

> I ran the script here and it worked fine. Did you run it as root? Also
> make it executable too.

I did those things as matter of course. It think its a directory at
/var/db/pkg/sus-libs/ that is empty that is causing the grief.

It also appears to have a funky name from some kind of error
somewhere.

/var/db/pkg/sys-libs/-MERGING-pam-0.99.8.1-r1

If I knew anything about python I might try fixing it since a well
written script ought not to cave on an empty directory.

But since I don't I just moved the directory.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:03 AM
Dale

reader@newsguy.com wrote:
> < SNIP >
>
> But since I don't I just moved the directory.

That's what I would have done too. LOL

Dale