Old 05-11-2010, 04:58 AM
Grant

Default I've been hacked.

I nmap'ed one of my remote Gentoo servers today and besides the
expected open ports were these:

1080/tcp open socks
3128/tcp open squid-http
8080/tcp open http-proxy

I'm not running any sort of proxy software that I know of and I should
be the only person whatsoever with access to the machine. 'netstat
-l' doesn't show any info on those ports at all so I suppose it's been
hacked as well? I installed and ran 'rkhunter --check' (what happened
to the chrootkit ebuild?) but it doesn't seem to be much use since I
hadn't established a "file of stored file properties".

What do you guys think is going on? What should I do from here?

- Grant