Old 05-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Xi Shen

Default libpng12 is missing

hi,

my system is gentoo amd64, kde 4.3. i just updated my portage, and
updated the world. then i ran revdep-rebuild, and i got a error when
building "notification-daemon-0.4.0-r1". the error found in the build
log is: cannot find -lpng12

i have both libpng-1.2.43-r1 and libpng-1.4.2 installed, but i do not
have libpng12.a in my /usr/lib64 directory. and 'pkg-config libpng
--libs' only show '-lpng14'.

i guess these 2 versions do not work well with each other. how can i fix this?

P.S. i have 'png' in my USE flags.

--
Best Regards,
David Shen

http://twitter.com/davidshen84/

Old 05-09-2010, 01:32 PM
walt

my system is gentoo amd64, kde 4.3. i just updated my portage, and
updated the world. then i ran revdep-rebuild, and i got a error when
building "notification-daemon-0.4.0-r1". the error found in the build
log is: cannot find -lpng12

i have both libpng-1.2.43-r1 and libpng-1.4.2 installed, but i do not
have libpng12.a in my /usr/lib64 directory. and 'pkg-config libpng
--libs' only show '-lpng14'.

Are you sure you still have version 1.2.43 installed? I'm going thru
the same thing now on x86 and libpng-1.2 was deleted during the update.
I now have only 1.4.2 remaining.

Revdep-rebuild has been enumerating broken files for twenty minutes and
is still going. I've never seen breakage this bad before. This machine
is going to be useless for the next 24 hours or so until all the packages
are rebuilt.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Xi Shen

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 9:32 PM, walt <w41ter@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/09/2010 05:10 AM, Xi Shen wrote:
>>
>> hi,
>>
>> my system is gentoo amd64, kde 4.3. i just updated my portage, and
>> updated the world. then i ran revdep-rebuild, and i got a error when
>> building "notification-daemon-0.4.0-r1". the error found in the build
>> log is: cannot find -lpng12
>>
>> i have both libpng-1.2.43-r1 and libpng-1.4.2 installed, but i do not
>> have libpng12.a in my /usr/lib64 directory. and 'pkg-config libpng
>> --libs' only show '-lpng14'.
>
> Are you sure you still have version 1.2.43 installed? *I'm going thru
> the same thing now on x86 and libpng-1.2 was deleted during the update.
> I now have only 1.4.2 remaining.

yes, upgrade removed 1.2.43. but after i saw that error, i emerged
1.2.43 manually, hoping it could fix this error, but not...

i do not understand why linpng12 is not build even after i emerged
1.2.43...do i need to use some special emerging technique?