Old 05-07-2010, 06:26 PM
András Csányi

Default KDE takes ages to show password screen after suspend

On 7 May 2010 19:33, Roman Naumann <roman_naumann@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I suspend my computer, KDE locks the session. This usually happens, when
> I close my laptop lid.
>
> When I open it again, it takes 1 to 20 seconds (seamingly random) untill the
> login screen appears. During this time, I just see a black screen and a mouse
> pointer (somewhere), but I cannot move it.
>
> If no X server is started, i.e. I'm on the shell, the computer always responds
> after a second or so when the laptop lid is opened again.
>
> Any ideas what causes this or how to fix it?

Suspend is that when the computer isn't off just the things stays in
memory, isn't? When the contents of the memory is writed to the disk
and the machine is get off that is the hibernate function, isn't?

It is possible that when you close the lid the contents of memory
writed to the disk and reading this few hundred Mbyte - on my laptop
KDE is eating ~800 Mbyte memory, the hungry Beast! - takes that
long time what you mentioned?
I'm not a big hacker just I'm thinking over it. :$

--
- -
-- Csanyi Andras -- http://sayusi.hu -- Sayusi Ando