FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Grant Edwards
 
Default start-stop-daemon: how to set directory?

I'm writing an init script for a daemon that needs to be started in a
particular directory, and I can't figure out how to do that with
start-stop-daemon.

It always seems to start the daemon in '/' regardless of the current
working directory when start-stop-daemon is invoked.

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Could I have a drug
at overdose?
gmail.com
 
Old 05-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Albert Hopkins
 
Default start-stop-daemon: how to set directory?

On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 20:27 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
> I'm writing an init script for a daemon that needs to be started in a
> particular directory, and I can't figure out how to do that with
> start-stop-daemon.
>
> It always seems to start the daemon in '/' regardless of the current
> working directory when start-stop-daemon is invoked.
>

start-stop-daemon has a man page that explains it's options, including:

-d, --chdir path
chdir to this directory before starting the daemon.
 
Old 05-07-2010, 01:49 AM
Grant Edwards
 
Default start-stop-daemon: how to set directory?

On 2010-05-07, Albert Hopkins <marduk@letterboxes.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 20:27 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
>> I'm writing an init script for a daemon that needs to be started in a
>> particular directory, and I can't figure out how to do that with
>> start-stop-daemon.
>>
>> It always seems to start the daemon in '/' regardless of the current
>> working directory when start-stop-daemon is invoked.
>
> start-stop-daemon has a man page that explains it's options,

Yes, I know.

> including:
>
> -d, --chdir path
> chdir to this directory before starting the daemon.

That must be a recent addition, because it's not on my man page from
baselayout 1.12.13 (the most recent stable version).

I don't think I'll switch to an unstable baselayout just yet.

Thanks anyway.

--
Grant
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:20 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org