Old 05-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Jarry

Default How can I redirect all portage messages to syslog?

Hi,
is it possible to redirect *all* portage messages to syslog?

I mean, I would like to redirect content of all these files
into /var/log/messages (if possible in standard structure):

/var/log/emerge-fetch.log
/var/log/emerge.log
/var/log/portage/elog/summary.log

Setting PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="syslog", does not help:

Content previously written to summary.log is logged by system
logger but somehow broken, some parts of text are cut-off and
some lines in /var/log/messages are missing "program[pid]".

Messages from emerge.log are not logged by syslog at all.

Concerning emerge-fetch.log, I'm not sure because I did not
fetch anything this time...

Jarry