Old 05-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Fredrik Andersson

Default Android tether and wpa_supplicant

Hi fellow gentoo users

I'm trying to connect my laptop to my HTC Hero using wpa_supplicant,
has anyone done this?

this is what I see in wpa_cli when I do scan_result

#bssid / frequency / signal level / flags / ssid
#02:23:76:81:26:67 * * *2412 * *240 * * [IBSS] *G1

And according to the example wpa_supplicant.conf this should allow me
to connect to a IBSS network.
network={
* * * *ssid="G1"
* * * *mode=1
* * * *frequency=2412
* * * *proto=WPA
* * * *key_mgmt=NONE
* * * *pairwise=NONE
* * * *group=TKIP
* * * *#psk="abcdefghijklm"
}

I have tried the connection in Windows and that works, so the phone is working.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Old 05-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Mick

On Wednesday 05 May 2010 13:52:20 Fredrik Andersson wrote:
> Hi fellow gentoo users
>
> I'm trying to connect my laptop to my HTC Hero using wpa_supplicant,
> has anyone done this?
>
> this is what I see in wpa_cli when I do scan_result
>
> #bssid / frequency / signal level / flags / ssid
> #02:23:76:81:26:67 2412 240 [IBSS] G1
>
> And according to the example wpa_supplicant.conf this should allow me
> to connect to a IBSS network.
> network={
> ssid="G1"
> mode=1
> frequency=2412
> proto=WPA
> key_mgmt=NONE
> pairwise=NONE
> group=TKIP
> #psk="abcdefghijklm"
> }
>
> I have tried the connection in Windows and that works, so the phone is
> working.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated

If you're using WPA you should define a passphrase. You seem to have
commented out your psk.
Mick