Old 05-04-2010, 08:57 AM
Helmut Jarausch

Default emerge --update - why doesn't it update my kde packages

Hi,
the following situation puzzles me a lot.

My 'standard' way of updating is
emerge --keep-going -j4 -1 --ask --update --newuse --deep --tree @system @world

but it didn't update anything.

Still, eix confirmed there were quite a lot of kde packages which have
newer versions, and indeed,
emerge -auv1 -j4 --keep-going $(qlist -IC kde-base/)
upgraded 24 packages.

Where does this discrepancy come from?

Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut.

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

Old 05-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Bert Swart

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 10:57:10AM +0200, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> Hi,
> the following situation puzzles me a lot.
>
> My 'standard' way of updating is
> emerge --keep-going -j4 -1 --ask --update --newuse --deep --tree @system @world
>
> but it didn't update anything.
>
> Still, eix confirmed there were quite a lot of kde packages which have
> newer versions, and indeed,
> emerge -auv1 -j4 --keep-going $(qlist -IC kde-base/)
> upgraded 24 packages.
>
> Where does this discrepancy come from?
Do you have --with-bdep set in /etc/make.conf?