Old 01-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Konstantinos Agouros

Default DNAT not working

In <1200590596.662469@rumba> elwood@agouros.de (Konstantinos Agouros) writes:

>In <200801162013.49843.alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> alan.mckinnon@gmail.com (Alan McKinnon) writes:

>>On Wednesday 16 January 2008, Konstantinos Agouros wrote:

>>> As I said, the fact that iptables -L (after a fresh reboot) does not
>>> do anything puzzles me a bit. What would be the right module in Your
>>> opinion? Also is there a kernel configuration option I might have
>>> overseen?

>>nat needs the following config at least:

>>Networking -> Networking Options -> Network packet filtering framework
>>(Netfilter) -> IP: Netfilter Configuration -> Full NAT

>>and the options below it

>>the modules that load on my machine after running that same iptbales
>>command are:

>>xt_tcpudp 3712 1
>>iptable_nat 7812 1
>>nf_nat 20524 1 iptable_nat
>>nf_conntrack_ipv4 18952 2 iptable_nat
>>nf_conntrack 66376 3 iptable_nat,nf_nat,nf_conntrack_ipv4
>>nfnetlink 6424 3 nf_nat,nf_conntrack_ipv4,nf_conntrack
>>ip_tables 14284 1 iptable_nat
>>x_tables 15748 3 xt_tcpudp,iptable_nat,ip_tables

>This is what I have:

>Module Size Used by
>iptable_filter 6400 1
>iptable_nat 10116 0
>ip_tables 14404 2 iptable_filter,iptable_nat
>nf_nat 19116 1 iptable_nat
>x_tables 14084 2 iptable_nat,ip_tables
>nf_conntrack_ipv4 11908 2 iptable_nat
>nf_conntrack 53192 3 iptable_nat,nf_nat,nf_conntrack_ipv4
>nfnetlink 8088 3 nf_nat,nf_conntrack_ipv4,nf_conntrack

>xt_tcpudp is the difference as it seems
verified it that was the problem. For whatever reason I forgot to
configure module autoloading into the kernel.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Friday 18 January 2008, Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
> >xt_tcpudp is the difference as it seems
>
> verified it that was the problem. For whatever reason I forgot to
> configure module autoloading into the kernel.

Perhaps you used an old .config and that option name has changed?

alan

Old 01-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Konstantinos Agouros

In <200801181936.27056.alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> alan.mckinnon@gmail.com (Alan McKinnon) writes:

>On Friday 18 January 2008, Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
>> >xt_tcpudp is the difference as it seems
>>
>> verified it that was the problem. For whatever reason I forgot to
>> configure module autoloading into the kernel.

>Perhaps you used an old .config and that option name has changed?
Actually quite the opposite. This machine was set up rather fresh. I think
this is deactivated after a fresh install of gentoo-sources and make
menuconfig.

Konstantin