Old 04-26-2010, 04:25 AM
Dale

Default elogviewer and something odd with equery

Hi folks,

I have had elogv and elogviewer installed for a while. I only use it on
occasion but when I tried to use it the other day I get this little
error message:

root@smoker / # elogviewer
No protocol specified
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:57: GtkWarning:
could not open display

warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)
/usr/bin/elogviewer:109: Warning: invalid (NULL) pointer instance
gtk.Window.__init__ (self, gtk.WINDOW_TOPLEVEL)
/usr/bin/elogviewer:109: Warning: g_signal_connect_data: assertion
`G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

gtk.Window.__init__ (self, gtk.WINDOW_TOPLEVEL)
/usr/bin/elogviewer:546: Warning: invalid (NULL) pointer instance
menubar = ui.get_widget('/Menubar')
/usr/bin/elogviewer:546: Warning: g_signal_connect_data: assertion
`G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

menubar = ui.get_widget('/Menubar')
/usr/bin/elogviewer:546: GtkWarning: gtk_settings_get_for_screen:
assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

menubar = ui.get_widget('/Menubar')
/usr/bin/elogviewer:546: Warning: g_object_get: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT
(object)' failed

menubar = ui.get_widget('/Menubar')
/usr/bin/elogviewer:546: Warning: value "TRUE" of type `gboolean' is
invalid or out of range for property `visible' of type `gboolean'

menubar = ui.get_widget('/Menubar')
/usr/bin/elogviewer:546: GtkWarning: gdk_screen_get_display: assertion
`GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

menubar = ui.get_widget('/Menubar')
/usr/bin/elogviewer:546: Warning: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT
(object)' failed

menubar = ui.get_widget('/Menubar')
/usr/bin/elogviewer:117: GtkWarning: gtk_settings_get_for_screen:
assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

gtk.ScrolledWindow.__init__(self)
/usr/bin/elogviewer:203: GtkWarning: gtk_settings_get_for_screen:
assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

'Category', gtk.CellRendererText(), text=CATEGORY))
/usr/bin/elogviewer:203: Warning: g_object_get: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT
(object)' failed

'Category', gtk.CellRendererText(), text=CATEGORY))
/usr/bin/elogviewer:205: GtkWarning: gtk_settings_get_for_screen:
assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

'Package', gtk.CellRendererText(), text=PACKAGE))
/usr/bin/elogviewer:205: Warning: g_object_get: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT
(object)' failed

'Package', gtk.CellRendererText(), text=PACKAGE))
/usr/bin/elogviewer:207: GtkWarning: gtk_settings_get_for_screen:
assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

'Time', gtk.CellRendererText(), text=TIMESORT))
/usr/bin/elogviewer:207: Warning: g_object_get: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT
(object)' failed

'Time', gtk.CellRendererText(), text=TIMESORT))
/usr/bin/elogviewer:571: GtkWarning: gdk_pango_context_get_for_screen:
assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

elogview_box.add(elogview)
/usr/bin/elogviewer:571: PangoWarning:
pango_context_set_font_description: assertion `context != NULL' failed

elogview_box.add(elogview)
/usr/bin/elogviewer:571: PangoWarning: pango_context_set_base_dir:
assertion `context != NULL' failed

elogview_box.add(elogview)
/usr/bin/elogviewer:571: PangoWarning: pango_context_set_language:
assertion `context != NULL' failed

elogview_box.add(elogview)
/usr/bin/elogviewer:571: Warning: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT
(object)' failed

elogview_box.add(elogview)
/usr/bin/elogviewer:571: GtkWarning: gtk_settings_get_for_screen:
assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

elogview_box.add(elogview)
/usr/bin/elogviewer:571: GtkWarning: gdk_screen_get_display: assertion
`GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

elogview_box.add(elogview)
/usr/bin/elogviewer:571: GtkWarning: gdk_keymap_get_for_display:
assertion `GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)' failed

elogview_box.add(elogview)
/usr/bin/elogviewer:571: Warning: g_object_get: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT
(object)' failed

elogview_box.add(elogview)
Segmentation fault
root@smoker / #

I re-emerged python, everything gtk and elogviewer itself but still get
this error. I thought I would remove it and then install it again to
get a fresh start. Well before I remove anything I always check to see
what is installed first and I get this from equery:

root@smoker / # equery list -p elog*
* Searching for elog* ...
[IP-] [ ] app-portage/elogv-0.7.4:0
[IP-] [ ] app-portage/elogv-0.7.4:0
[-P-] [ ~] app-portage/elogv-0.7.4-r1:0
[IP-] [ ] app-portage/elogviewer-0.5.2-r2:0
[IP-] [ ] app-portage/elogviewer-0.5.2-r2:0
root@smoker / #

According to that, I have two copies of the same version installed.
Huh? Then I notice the same for elogv. Double huh? Well, I emerge -C
the thing then run the equery command again. They are both gone so I
think this is a improvement at least. I then install elogviewer again.
It shows two copies installed again just like above.

So, it appears elogviewer has some issues but equery seems to have a
weird streak as well. I'm not sure which to tackle first. By the way,
elogv works fine. The logs show up but I prefer elogviewer when i am
logged into KDE. I'm a bit of a GUI guy.

My question is, what the heck is going on with equery and why did
elogviewer stop working? I know equery gets a little weird sometimes
so maybe it is a 24 hour bug. lol

Thoughts? Ideas? Can of Raid?

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 04-26-2010, 04:07 PM
walt

I have had elogv and elogviewer installed for a while. I only use it on occasion but when I tried to use it the other day I get this little error message:

root@smoker / # elogviewer
No protocol specified
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:57: GtkWarning: could not open display

Do you have the DISPLAY variable set properly in root's environment?

Old 04-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Dale