Old 04-24-2010, 01:06 PM
billyd

Default No longer getting elog messages - Please cancel this for now.

On Friday 23 April 2010 22:02:47 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 04/24/2010 05:40 AM, billyd wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply, Alan.
> >
> > My hard drive space is adequate with at least 50% space available on the
> > partition where /var lives.
>
> Can you post the output of "df -i"? Free space is only one
> consideration. The other is free inodes.

Thanks for the reply, Nikos.

Running df -i showed the following on this Gentoo install:

Filesystem Inodes IUsed IFree IUse% Mounted on
rootfs 1038352 325350 713002 32% /
/dev/root 1038352 325350 713002 2% /
rc-svcdir 765382 70 765312 1% /lib64/rc/init.d
udev 765382 1608 763774 1% /dev
shm 765382 1 765381 1% /dev/shm
/dev/sdc1 20080 42 20038 1% /boot
/dev/sdc12 1770720 825 1769895 1% /home

On this install, my root partition is /dev/sdc11 which is 17 GB and contains
/var. I have /home on a separate partition.

My other 2 installs have /var on separate partitions of 9 GB. The IUse% on
those partitions is 4%. So I should have plenty of inodes available.

Thanks again for the reply. I need to run more tests here. If I determine this
really is a problem and it persists, I will re-post for more help.

Cheers,

billyd