Old 01-13-2008, 07:18 AM
"Richard Torres"

Default unable to emerge anything...Fixed

I quickpkg'd a newer version of gcc with USE='-hardened' from a livecd and
emerged gentools. That did the trick.
I've learned A LOT through this experience. The challenge was worth the
experience (I can say that now that it's over with).
Thanks very much. Gentoo is so great because of this community!

-Richard

Old 01-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Alan McKinnon

On Sunday 13 January 2008, Richard Torres wrote:
> I quickpkg'd a newer version of gcc with USE='-hardened' from a
> livecd and emerged gentools. That did the trick.
> I've learned A LOT through this experience. The challenge was worth
> the experience (I can say that now that it's over with).
> Thanks very much. Gentoo is so great because of this community!

Cool. Did we ever establish what the error was precisely? I lost track
of the thread meanwhile...

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com