Old 04-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Dale

Default In which order services are started?

YoYo siska wrote:

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 05:05:46AM -0500, Dale wrote:

Alex Schuster wrote:

Jarry writes:

Is there any way to find out in which order services are
started during boot-up (except for looking at boot-up
screen and making notes)?

I think the output of 'rc-status' shows the services in the right order.

Wonko

It may be a coincidence but mine are alphabetical. Also, mine only
shows the ones in the current runlevel, default at the moment. It does
not list the ones in the boot runlevel.

rc-status --all

yoyo

It shows all runlevels but they are still all in alphabetical order.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 04-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Alex Schuster

Dale writes:

> Alex Schuster wrote:
> > Jarry writes:
> >> Is there any way to find out in which order services are
> >> started during boot-up (except for looking at boot-up
> >> screen and making notes)?
> >
> > I think the output of 'rc-status' shows the services in the right
> > order.

> It may be a coincidence but mine are alphabetical.

This may be a baselayout-2 thing then. Here the output looks like this:

wonko@weird ~ $ rc-status boot|cut -d " " -f 2
boot
hwclock
modules
lvm
device-mapper
dmcrypt
fsck
root
mtab
localmount
hostname
sysctl
bootmisc
procfs
termencoding
consolefont
keymaps
net.lo
urandom
swap

wonko@weird ~ $ rc-status default|cut -d " " -f 2
default
hdparm
net.eth0
rsyncd
metalog
hald
cupsd
nfs
nfsmount
netmount
gpm
xdm
alsasound
distccd
fcron
lm_sensors
mysql
ntpd
smartd
sshd
udev-postmount
vmware
local

Wonko

Old 04-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Dale

Alex Schuster wrote:

Dale writes:

Alex Schuster wrote:

Jarry writes:

[...]

I'm still on baselayout 1 here. Your list does look different from mine
tho. Every one of mine is alphabetical. Funny thing is, some geel most
likely thought it would be neat to list them that way and went to the
trouble of having it sort them for us. Osrt of like the world file.
Mine is alphabetical there as well.

Dale

:-) :-)