Old 01-13-2008, 12:40 AM
Richard Cox

Default Gentoo Forums Crashed

Old 01-13-2008, 12:50 AM
Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman

Old 01-13-2008, 02:03 AM
"Hemmann, Volker Armin"

On Sonntag, 13. Januar 2008, Richard Cox wrote:
> Anybody else get a DB error when trying to access the forums? Seems like
> it may have been overwhelmed with the Robbins debate going on.

what do you mean with crashed?

The 'too many connections' error? That happens sometimes and is not a crash.
Just reaload.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Eddie Mihalow Jr

Dale wrote:

Richard Cox wrote:
Anybody else get a DB error when trying to access the forums? Seems like it
may have been overwhelmed with the Robbins debate going on.

Works fine here. Even found the thread. Oh, I'm in Mississippi USA if
it matters.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-644321-highlight-daniel+robbins.html

Dale

:-) :-)

Oh, I'm sorry Dale! Hehe.

--
Edward A Mihalow Jr
Mudbug Computers and Networks

Old 01-14-2008, 12:40 AM
Iain Buchanan

On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 23:50 -0200, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman wrote:

> Richard Cox wrote:
> | Yeah, still have the problem. Very strange.
>
> This is because Gentoo is now on Slashdot frntpage:
> http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/08/01/12/0152208.shtml
>
> So, I recon we were slashdotted...

Haha, that's funny, in a way. But sad when I think why. Gentoo used to
make Slashdot headlines for good reasons... I've been subscribed to the
-dev list for a little while, and it's not always pretty.

BOFH Excuse #48:

bad ether in the cables