Old 04-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Momesso Andrea

Default KDE4 doesn't detect power capabilities (hibernate, suspend, battery and frequency scaling)

On Friday 16 April 2010 08:41:57 Yoav Luft wrote:
> After some experiments with the ndiswrapper driver, KDE4 stopped
> providing a frontend to various power capabilities. It doesn't detect
> the battery, it doesn't offer suspend or hibernate it the shutdown
> script, et cetera. The battery properties are still accessable through
> /sys/class/power/BAT1 and I can still suspend and hibernate using
> pm-suspend and pm-hibernate.
> I would like use KDE's frontend, though, as finding out how long the
> battery can hold from reading it's voltage isn't the most comfortable
> thing.

Make sure that the hald daemon starts before kde does.

---
TopperH
http://topperh.blackmamba.kicks-ass.org

Old 04-23-2010, 12:43 PM

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 03:31:23PM +0300, Yoav Luft wrote:
> I think it does, but how can I make sure of it?
>
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Momesso Andrea
> >
> > Make sure that the hald daemon starts before kde does.

Adding the following in the depend() function in /etc/init.d/xdm
should do the trick:

after hald

(I don't use hal anymore so I can't check but I think it may already
be there)
--
Éric Valérian DUNAND

Old 04-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Momesso Andrea

On Friday 23 April 2010 14:31:23 Yoav Luft wrote:
> I think it does, but how can I make sure of it?
>
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Momesso Andrea
>
> <momesso.andrea@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Friday 16 April 2010 08:41:57 Yoav Luft wrote:
> >> After some experiments with the ndiswrapper driver, KDE4 stopped
> >> providing a frontend to various power capabilities. It doesn't detect
> >> the battery, it doesn't offer suspend or hibernate it the shutdown
> >> script, et cetera. The battery properties are still accessable through
> >> /sys/class/power/BAT1 and I can still suspend and hibernate using
> >> pm-suspend and pm-hibernate.
> >> I would like use KDE's frontend, though, as finding out how long the
> >> battery can hold from reading it's voltage isn't the most comfortable
> >> thing.
> >
> > Make sure that the hald daemon starts before kde does.

Please, don't top-post.

"/etc/init.d/hald status" will tell you if it's working. If it isn't
"rc-update add hald" will add it to your default runlevel.

---