FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Mick
 
Default Gentoo Forums Crashed

On Sunday 13 January 2008, Richard Cox wrote:
> Anybody else get a DB error when trying to access the forums? Seems like
> it may have been overwhelmed with the Robbins debate going on.

Nope, it seems to work fine from here (UK). There's around 8 pages so far,
with some entertaining flaming amidst some good arguments.
--
Regards,
Mick
 
Old 01-12-2008, 11:55 PM
Dale
 
Default Gentoo Forums Crashed

Richard Cox wrote:
> Anybody else get a DB error when trying to access the forums? Seems like it
> may have been overwhelmed with the Robbins debate going on.
>

Works fine here. Even found the thread. Oh, I'm in Mississippi USA if
it matters.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-644321-highlight-daniel+robbins.html

Dale

:-) :-)
--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 01-12-2008, 11:59 PM
"Ricardo Saffi Marques"
 
Default Gentoo Forums Crashed

Everything smooth from here too: Campinas, SP, Brazil
:-)

On 1/13/08, Dale <dalek1967@bellsouth.net> wrote:
Richard Cox wrote:
> Anybody else get a DB error when trying to access the forums?**Seems like it

> may have been overwhelmed with the Robbins debate going on.
>

Works fine here.**Even found the thread.**Oh, I'm in Mississippi USA if
it matters.


http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-644321-highlight-daniel+robbins.html

Dale

:-)**:-)
--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list




--
<b>Ricardo Saffi Marques</b>
Laboratório de Administração e Segurança de Sistemas (LAS/IC)
Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
<i>Cell:</i> +55 (19) 8128-0435

<i>Skype:</i> ricardo_saffi_marques
<i>Website:</i> <u>http://www.rsaffi.com</u>
 
Old 01-13-2008, 12:01 AM
Richard Cox
 
Default Gentoo Forums Crashed

On Saturday 12 January 2008 19:55:23 Dale wrote:
> Richard Cox wrote:
> > Anybody else get a DB error when trying to access the forums? Seems like
> > it may have been overwhelmed with the Robbins debate going on.
>
> Works fine here. Even found the thread. Oh, I'm in Mississippi USA if
> it matters.
>
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-644321-highlight-daniel+robbins.html
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)

Thanks, it's the "View posts from last 24 hours" link that is causing the
problem for me.

--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 01-13-2008, 12:04 AM
Dale
 
Default Gentoo Forums Crashed

Richard Cox wrote:
> On Saturday 12 January 2008 19:55:23 Dale wrote:
>
>> Richard Cox wrote:
>>
>>> Anybody else get a DB error when trying to access the forums? Seems like
>>> it may have been overwhelmed with the Robbins debate going on.
>>>
>> Works fine here. Even found the thread. Oh, I'm in Mississippi USA if
>> it matters.
>>
>> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-644321-highlight-daniel+robbins.html
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> :-) :-)
>>
>
> Thanks, it's the "View posts from last 24 hours" link that is causing the
> problem for me.
>
>

Well, I did have to hit the reload button once. This AT&T, formerly
Bell South, dial-up sucks. Send a little, wait. Send a little, wait.
Send a little, wait. Send a little, wait. You get the idea. I hope
their DSL is better. It is suposed to be here soon, I guess anyway.

Dale

:-) :-) :-)
--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 01-13-2008, 12:05 AM
"Ricardo Saffi Marques"
 
Default Gentoo Forums Crashed

On 1/13/08, Richard Cox <conardcox@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks, it's the "View posts from last 24 hours" link that is causing the
problem for me.

--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list



Even though, it's fine here.
--
<b>Ricardo Saffi Marques</b>
Laboratório de Administração e Segurança de Sistemas (LAS/IC)
Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)

<i>Cell:</i> +55 (19) 8128-0435
<i>Skype:</i> ricardo_saffi_marques
<i>Website:</i> <u>http://www.rsaffi.com</u>
 
Old 01-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Richard Cox
 
Default Gentoo Forums Crashed

On Saturday 12 January 2008 20:05:50 Ricardo Saffi Marques wrote:
> On 1/13/08, Richard Cox <conardcox@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks, it's the "View posts from last 24 hours" link that is causing the
> > problem for me.
> >
> > --
> > gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
>
> Even though, it's fine here.

Ok, well, I'm still having problems with it, but I've got a workaround now.
It's giving me this whenever I hit the "View posts from last 24 hours" link:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database


Thanks.
--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 01-13-2008, 12:17 AM
"Ricardo Saffi Marques"
 
Default Gentoo Forums Crashed

Weird, but... have you tried cleaning your browser cache? CTRL SHIFT DEL on firefox.

On 1/13/08, Richard Cox <conardcox@gmail.com
> wrote:On Saturday 12 January 2008 20:05:50 Ricardo Saffi Marques wrote:
> On 1/13/08, Richard Cox <
conardcox@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks, it's the "View posts from last 24 hours" link that is causing the
> > problem for me.
> >
> > --

> > gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
>
> Even though, it's fine here.

Ok, well, I'm still having problems with it, but I've got a workaround now.

It's giving me this whenever I hit the "View posts from last 24 hours" link:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database


Thanks.
--

gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list



--
<b>Ricardo Saffi Marques</b>
Laboratório de Administração e Segurança de Sistemas (LAS/IC)
Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)

<i>Cell:</i> +55 (19) 8128-0435
<i>Skype:</i> ricardo_saffi_marques
<i>Website:</i> <u>http://www.rsaffi.com</u>
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:31 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org