-   -   Gentoo Forums Crashed (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/35924-gentoo-forums-crashed.html)

Mick 01-12-2008 11:46 PM

Gentoo Forums Crashed

On Sunday 13 January 2008, Richard Cox wrote:
> Anybody else get a DB error when trying to access the forums? Seems like
> it may have been overwhelmed with the Robbins debate going on.

Nope, it seems to work fine from here (UK). There's around 8 pages so far,
with some entertaining flaming amidst some good arguments.
Mick

Dale 01-12-2008 11:55 PM

Gentoo Forums Crashed

Richard Cox wrote:
> Anybody else get a DB error when trying to access the forums? Seems like it
> may have been overwhelmed with the Robbins debate going on.

Works fine here. Even found the thread. Oh, I'm in Mississippi USA if
it matters.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-644321-highlight-daniel+robbins.html

Dale

:-) :-)

"Ricardo Saffi Marques" 01-12-2008 11:59 PM

Gentoo Forums Crashed

Everything smooth from here too: Campinas, SP, Brazil
:-)

On 1/13/08, Dale <dalek1967@bellsouth.net> wrote:
Richard Cox wrote:
> Anybody else get a DB error when trying to access the forums?**Seems like it

> may have been overwhelmed with the Robbins debate going on.

Works fine here.**Even found the thread.**Oh, I'm in Mississippi USA if
it matters.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-644321-highlight-daniel+robbins.html

Dale

:-)**:-)

<b>Ricardo Saffi Marques</b>
Laboratório de Administração e Segurança de Sistemas (LAS/IC)
Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
<i>Cell:</i> +55 (19) 8128-0435

<i>Skype:</i> ricardo_saffi_marques

Richard Cox 01-13-2008 12:01 AM

Gentoo Forums Crashed

On Saturday 12 January 2008 19:55:23 Dale wrote:
> Richard Cox wrote:
> > Anybody else get a DB error when trying to access the forums? Seems like
> > it may have been overwhelmed with the Robbins debate going on.
>
> Works fine here. Even found the thread. Oh, I'm in Mississippi USA if
> it matters.
>
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-644321-highlight-daniel+robbins.html
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)

Thanks, it's the "View posts from last 24 hours" link that is causing the
problem for me.

Dale 01-13-2008 12:04 AM

Gentoo Forums Crashed

Richard Cox wrote:
> On Saturday 12 January 2008 19:55:23 Dale wrote:
>
>> Richard Cox wrote:
>>
>>> Anybody else get a DB error when trying to access the forums? Seems like
>>> it may have been overwhelmed with the Robbins debate going on.
>>>
>> Works fine here. Even found the thread. Oh, I'm in Mississippi USA if
>> it matters.
>>
>> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-644321-highlight-daniel+robbins.html
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> :-) :-)
>>

> Thanks, it's the "View posts from last 24 hours" link that is causing the
> problem for me.

Well, I did have to hit the reload button once. This AT&T, formerly
Bell South, dial-up sucks. Send a little, wait. Send a little, wait.
Send a little, wait. Send a little, wait. You get the idea. I hope
their DSL is better. It is suposed to be here soon, I guess anyway.

Dale

:-) :-) :-)

"Ricardo Saffi Marques" 01-13-2008 12:05 AM

Gentoo Forums Crashed

Thanks, it's the "View posts from last 24 hours" link that is causing the
problem for me.

Even though, it's fine here.

Richard Cox 01-13-2008 12:12 AM

Gentoo Forums Crashed

On Saturday 12 January 2008 20:05:50 Ricardo Saffi Marques wrote:
> On 1/13/08, Richard Cox <conardcox@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks, it's the "View posts from last 24 hours" link that is causing the
> > problem for me.
> >
> > --
>
> Even though, it's fine here.

Ok, well, I'm still having problems with it, but I've got a workaround now.
It's giving me this whenever I hit the "View posts from last 24 hours" link:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Thanks.

"Ricardo Saffi Marques" 01-13-2008 12:17 AM

Gentoo Forums Crashed

Weird, but... have you tried cleaning your browser cache? CTRL SHIFT DEL on firefox.