Old 04-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Helmut Jarausch

Default installation aborted due to poor programming practices

Hi,

the installation of a package (unofficial gimp-gap) is 'aborted due to
poor programming practices' probably since there have been lots of
dereferencing type-punned pointers and similar warnings.

How can I forced portage to install it anyway?

Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut.

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

Old 04-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:47:17 +0200 (CEST), Helmut Jarausch wrote:

> the installation of a package (unofficial gimp-gap) is 'aborted due to
> poor programming practices' probably since there have been lots of
> dereferencing type-punned pointers and similar warnings.
>
> How can I forced portage to install it anyway?

Possibly FEATURES="-strict" emerge --opts blah

--
Neil Bothwick

Windows Error #05: Nonexisent error. This cannot really be happening

Old 04-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Helmut Jarausch

On 19 Apr, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:47:17 +0200 (CEST), Helmut Jarausch wrote:
>
>> the installation of a package (unofficial gimp-gap) is 'aborted due to
>> poor programming practices' probably since there have been lots of
>> dereferencing type-punned pointers and similar warnings.
>>
>> How can I forced portage to install it anyway?
>
> Possibly FEATURES="-strict" emerge --opts blah

Unfortunately this didn't help.

Helmut.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:48 PM
David W Noon

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:00:03 +0200, Helmut Jarausch wrote about Re:
[gentoo-user] installation aborted due to poor programming practices:

>On 19 Apr, Neil Bothwick wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:47:17 +0200 (CEST), Helmut Jarausch wrote:
>>
>>> the installation of a package (unofficial gimp-gap) is 'aborted due
>>> to poor programming practices' probably since there have been lots
>>> of dereferencing type-punned pointers and similar warnings.
>>>
>>> How can I forced portage to install it anyway?
>>
>> Possibly FEATURES="-strict" emerge --opts blah
>>

>Unfortunately this didn't help.

The other possibility for ebuilds that have ropey programming practices
is:

export VERY_BRAVE_OR_VERY_DUMB='yes'
emerge <some pile of crap>

This environment variable is self-documenting.

Dave [RLU #314465]
dwnoon@ntlworld.com (David W Noon)