Old 04-22-2010, 11:56 PM
Harry Putnam

Default I want my Ctrl+Alt+Backspace back

Mick <michaelkintzios@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> The penultimate paragraph says that you should copy _some_ file from
> /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/ to /etc/hal/fdi/policy/

penultimate Egad... does that mean its explosive? ... : )

[...]

>> [...]
>> 17 </match>
>> 18
>> 19 <merge key="input.xkb.layout" type="string">us</merge>
>> 20 <merge key="input.xkb.variant" type="string" />
>> 21 </match>
>> [...]

[...] snipped nice example

> Now, if you are only using one language, you only need line 19 in your example
> and insert a new line between your 19 and 20 that says: <merge
> key="input.xkb.options" type="string">terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp</merge>
>
> (all on one line)
>
> HTH and sorry for giving an incomplete answer at the start.

Very helpful... thank you. And thanks for being so patient.

I actually got it working with this last guide of yours. But now I
guess we are about to lose hal, so probably will be looking at some
newer way to maintain C+A+BKSPC...